GES Announced Changs To New Academic Calendar For Basic Schools
The management of the Ghana Education Service in consultation with relevant stakeholders has decided to go back to the old and normal academic calendar which was disrupted due to Covid 19.
Changes To New Academic Calendar For Basic Schools
The G. E.S. has made changes and adjustments to the current academic calendar. Parents are to note the following.
- The G.E.S. will revert to the old academic calendar.
- There will be 3 full terms this year and 1 term of the next academic year all within this year making 4 terms from January to December 2023.
- Term 1- January to March 2023.
Term 2-April to June 2023
Term 3- July to September
- Term 1 for the 2024 academic calendar is from October to December 2023.
- Your wards will be promoted from their current class to the next class in October 2023. eg. If your ward is in class 6 now, by October, he will be promoted to JHS 1
- Parents will be required to buy the books for their wards in the 2023/ 2024 academic year in October 2023 instead of January 2024.
- Parents are to note that the books they buy in October 2023 will be used by their wards until the end of the 2023 /2024 academic year which would be in August 2024.
- Parents are to note that even though this arrangement will bring discomfort now, it will be a relief to them in January 2024 when they might have been now buying the books for their wards right after the Christmas festivities.
- Parents are to note that vacation days within these terms will be very short. Meaning it will be less than two weeks.
- Kindly take note that this is solely the decision of the G.E.S. and not the School.
- Parents are to plan and prepare adequately for the next 6 to 7 months when these changes mentioned will reach their peak.