GES Issues Press Release On Alleged Cancellation Of Free SHS
The management of the Ghana Education Service has officially breaks silence on the alleged cancellation of free Senior High School Policy launched by the New Patriotic Party in 2017.
RE GES REVIEWING FREE SHS TO DETERMINE HOW MUCH PARENTS CAN
- My attention has been drawn to a story on the www.mybonline.com captioned: GES REVIEWING FREE SHS TO DETERMINE HOW MUCH PARENTS CAN PAY-PROF OPOKU-AMANKWA
- The story emonotes from an interview I granted to the host of Upfront, Raymond Aquah on Thursday 21st July 2022.
- The headline is misleading and does not reflect the import of the story
- For the avoidance of doubt, the GES is not undertaking any review of the FSHS. Any such review of the FSHS Percy is the sole prerogative of the President and the government.
- The Ghana Education Service is a government agency and does not formulate or initiate a review of policies. As an Agency the GS Implements government policia es and programs in pre-tertiary education
- His Excellency President Nana Akufo Addo in his recent Speech at UHAS. assured of students, potential students, parents, and the entire country that the FREE SHS will not be affected by the IMF program is the commitment of GES under my leadership to ensure the programs of His Excellency President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo Addo of providing accessibly equitable, and quality Free SH5 education is fully implemented to the benefit of the good people of Ghana