Is ESP services a good career path? Check Now
Yes, ESP services is an interesting and very good career path.
Electrical Submersible Pump (ESP) is an efficient and reliable artificial lift method used for lifting moderate to high volumes of fluids from good bores. Such volumes range from 150 B/D to 150,000 B/D. These ranges can be extended using variable speed controllers from low to high and vice versa.
The Main Components Of The ESP.
The following are the various notable components of the ESP;
• Seal-chamber section
• Multistaged centrifugal pump
• Three-phase induction motor
• Surface controls
• Power cable
The components are usually tubing from the wellhead with the pump on top and the motor attached below. There are special applications where the configuration may be inverted.
ESPs have long been the primary way of lifting fluids from approximately 1,100 deviated wells.
What Are The Requirements For Securing A Job In ESP Services?
To be a successful employee in this career industry, you must satisfy the following:
- You must have experience in performing downhole and troubleshooting ESP systems in the field.
- You must have industry experience and product line training as required by ESP.
- You also need to have a minimum of ten years of experience in the installation, operation, commissioning, and maintenance of ESP tools and equipment.
- Must have an engineering degree in one of the following; electrical, mechanical, chemical, or petroleum engineering.
- Must be flexible to work during rotational periods. What One Can Expect In An ESP Career Profession
Apart from salary, which is the main reward for every worker, one can also expect other benefits as an employee in this industry. Such benefits are;
• Tailored financial programs for workers
• Contemporary work-life balance policies and well-being activities designed to protect workers.
• comprehensive medical care services for workers.
• Active life insurance and disability programs for workers.
• Other additional benefits.