Wisconsin University Ghana Scholarships
About Wisconsin University Ghana
Wisconsin University is a private institution that offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and diplomas holders. They award scholarships to the best and most deserving students every semester.
Are there scholarships available for fresh students?
There are scholarships available for fresh students although it is insufficient in supply. In the 2021/2022 academic year, about 120 students out of the total number who applied to the university were awarded scholarships. For non-resident fresh students, less than five scholarships were awarded.
What are the criteria for scholarship?
All applicants must be found in two or more of the following categories to become eligible for the scholarship.
• Academic Performance and Strength: Grades, the rigor of courses, test scores, academic-related activities, honors, and accomplishments.
• Diversity of Background: Diversity is inclusive of socio-economic background, gender, rural background, first-generation status, religion, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, geographic area, ability, and life experiences.
• Financial needs: There must be evidence that indeed the applicant is in a financial crisis or must be found financially constrained.
• Unusual Force of Character: Individuals who have overcome obstacles related to health, family, social, educational, or economic disadvantages. Circumstances that show the strength of character and potential for achievement.
• Community Service and Leadership: Volunteering, community service, fieldwork internships, and other activities that show civic responsibility and engagement.
Can I apply for scholarships if I am a part-time student?
Scholarship opportunities are reserved for full-time (minimum enrollment of 12 credits) students. On certain occasions, exceptions are made to this statement.
How will getting a scholarship to affect my financial aid?
Scholarships are considered financial aid whether or not they include a requirement for financial need. The scholarship amount is included as a part of the student’s aid package. Scholarship awards can result in financial aid adjustments.
Will I be given a scholarship if I prefer to offer my courses at a different institution?
If you intend to enter any other school or/ institution, you will not be eligible for scholarships. The scholarships are awarded to students who intended to earn a degree from the institution.
How do I apply for a scholarship?
All domestic applicants who have met the requirements and are eligible for the scholarship will be considered by reviewing the information contained in their admission application.
All selected applicants must log in to the Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH) to complete the application.