NTC Outlines New Major Reforms On Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination 2022
Here are the latest reforms on the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination for Universities and Colleges of Education.
The management of the National Teaching has announced new reforms on
Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination.
According to the NTC, the reforms are intended to improve the overall performance of the students in licensure examinations.
NTC Sensitization For Colleges & Universities
The National Teaching Council on Monday, 5th September 2022 began a nationwide sensitization tour in all universities offering teacher education and colleges of education across the country.
NTC Reforms On GTLE
Here are the latest NTC Reforms on Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination
After meeting NTC on Monday and National Service Secretariats today, this is what they have for the level 400 teacher trainees.
- Reforms in the Ghana Teacher Licensure Exams: a. It will be a Subject Based-Test ie. (i) Related Pedagogy (ii) General Paper (ie, a combination of Numeracy and Literacy) (iii) Subject Based
b. It will be written online but in your various centers with a supervisor.
- These reforms will start in March
- Passinglicensure exams is now a requirement to do your national service
- They are considering national service to be 2 years instead of the initial1 year.
- The national service allowance is still not increased. However, there are considerations in increasing it.
Functions Of The NTC
Here is the list of some functions of the National Teaching Council
- Advise the Minister:
- . on issues relating to the professional standing and status of teachers in Ghana; and
- ii. on the education, development, and employment of teachers;
- conduct examination for the licensing of persons who complete teacher education programs in accredited tertiary institutions approved by the National Accreditation Board;
- issue license to persons who pass the examination conducted by the Council by paragraph (b);
- register teachers who satisfy the conditions for the issue of the appropriate license;