Second Term Reopening Date For Basic Schools In Ghana
Here is the 2022/2023 Academic Year second term reopening date for Basic Schools in Ghana.
The Management of the Ghana Education Service has announced the second term reopening date for basic schools in Ghana.
According to the Ghana Education Service 2022/2023 academic calendar for both public and private basic schools in Ghana, the second term of this year’s academic calendar will officially begin on Monday, 3rd April 2023.
Second Term Vacation Date For Basic Schools In Ghana
According to Ghana Education Service 2022/2023 academic calendar, pupils will be in school until June 15, 2023. They will then break from June 16, 2023, to June 26, 2023; with the third term starting from June 27, 2023, to September 14, 2023.
Changes To the 2023 Academic Calendar For Basic Schools
The management of Ghana Education Service is planning every possible to revert to the old academic calendar which was disrupted due to the outbreak of Covid 19.
- There will be 3 full terms this year and 1 term of the next academic year all within this year making 4 terms from January to December 2023.
Term 1- January to March 2023.
Term 2-April to June 2023
Term 3- July to September
- Term 1 for the 2024 academic calendar is from October to December 2023.
Your wards will be promoted from their current class to the next class in October 2023. eg. If your ward is in class 6 now, by October, he will be promoted to JHS 1
- Parents will be required to buy the books for their wards in the 2023/ 2024 academic year in October 2023 instead of January 2024.
Parents are to note that the books they buy in October 2023 will be used by their wards until the end of the 2023 /2024 academic year which would be in August 2024.
- Parents are to note that even though this arrangement will bring discomfort now, it will be a relief to them in January 2024 when they might have been now buying the books for their wards right after the Christmas festivities.
Parents are to note that vacation days within these terms will be very short. Meaning it will be less than two weeks.
- Parents are to plan and prepare adequately for the next 6 to 7 months when these changes mentioned will reach their peak.
When Will Final Year Students Write 2023 BECE?
According to Ghana Education Service, the 2023 Basic Education Certificate Examination will be written from 7th -11th August 2023 across the approved WAEC exam centers.
Second Term Week Endings For 2023
Students will spend a total of 11 weeks in schools I.e from 3rd April to 15th June 2023.
Check the week’s endings below;