How to Apply For NSS Loan 2023/2024
Here is a comprehensive guide on how to apply for NSS Loan
The management of the National Service Scheme (NSS) has a convenient
medium to support National Service Personnel who needs a loan for their reason(s).
About NSS Loan
The NSS loan service is dubbed “Direct Savings and Loans” which can be accessed on smartphones as well.
How To Apply For NSS Loan
To opt for an NSS loan, follow the following description below and apply.
The steps are as follows:
- Kindly dial the short code *396*1# using your smart device.
- Expect a menu display I’m this nature:
“Welcome to Direct Savings and Loans
Please Select your institution
- Select NSS from the two (2) displayed options.
- You will be asked to type the NSS number. (e.g NSSGCC*)
NB: In case you leave the process/ did not complete it by selecting any of the options, you will be prompted if you re-dial the shortcode.
DO NOT PANIC. It is meant for convenience’s sake.
- At this point, the system will display your details if only you are registered on the Scheme.
The displayed details are yours:
Date of Birth
- Make sure you confirm it with 1 as requested.
- A verification code will be delivered via SMS to you.
- Dial the *396*1# short code again and input the verification code sent to you.
- You will be asked to set up your 4-digit PIN after the above step.
- Next, dial the short code again and expect the actions below.
- A menu with Request loan will appear. Select the requested loan.
- Type the reason for the loan (e.g for rent, medication, personal, etc).
- Type the amount of money you need as a loan. Usually, the loan range starts from GH¢100.00 – GH¢2,200.00.
- Finally, confirm the request and repayment plan.
Who qualifies for an NSS loan?
Persons who are newly posted for NSS are qualified personnel for the NSS loan.
Be informed that loans are not given to personnel in their first month of service.
How can I get an NSS loan?
To get an NSS loan, dial 3961# and proceed.
Is direct loan free?
According to NSS, their interest rate on Direct Subsidized Loans is 4.99 %. You will be charged a small loan fee (1.057 %) on your loan amount but the said 1.057% will be deducted before the fund is disbursed to you.