Salary Of Bank Of Ghana Workers
The bank of Ghana is also regarded as the Central Bank of the country. It is licensed to regulate and supervise all other financial institutions in the country.
SHORT HISTORY ABOUT THE CENTRAL BANK OF GHANA (BoG).
Just two (2) days before the declaration of independence, thus on the 4th of March 1957, the Bank of Ghana was established by the Bank of Ghana Ordinance (No. 34) of 1957, which was passed by the British Parliament. In July 1957, the Bank of Ghana was officially commissioned.
The bank commenced operations on 1st August 1957 while the issue department waited till the following year in July to start operations. The law which runs the current Central Bank of Ghana is the Bank of Ghana Act, 2002 (Act 612).
FUNCTIONS OF THE CENTRAL BANK OF GHANA (BoG)
- It formulates and implements monetary policies which aim at achieving the objectives of the Bank.
- It stabilizes the value of the currency within and outside the country.
- It institutes measures that are likely to have effects on the balance of payments and the development of the economy.
- The bank of Ghana regulates and directs the banking and credit system.
- It regulates payment and settlement systems.
- It issues and redeems the bank notes and coins from the system.
- It manages Ghana’s external financial services.
- The bank licenses and regulates other banks and financial institutions
- It acts as a banker and financial adviser to the state.
- It promotes relations with international banking and financial institutions.
DEPARTMENTS OF THE CENTRAL BANK OF GHANA.
- The Governors’ Office.
- The Administration/Personnel Department.
- The Banking Department.
- The Issue Department.
- The Accounts/Audit Department.
- The Economics/Statistics Department.
KEY EMPLOYEES OF THE CENTRAL BANK OF GHANA (BoG)
• Governor – Dr. Ernest Addison
• First Deputy Governor – Dr. Maxwell Opoku-Afari
• Second Deputy Governor – Mrs. Elsie Addo Awadzi
• Assistant Directors – Grace Akrofi and Pearl Nanfuri
• Assistant Director Of Information Technology – Kwesi Debrah
• External Directors – Dr. Samuel Nii-Noi Ashong, Mr. Joseph B. Alhassan, Dr. Kwame Owusu-Nyantekyi, Hon. Charles Adu Boahen, Mr. Andrew Adinorte Boye-Doe, Mrs. Comfort F. Ocran, Mr. Jude Kofi Bucknor, Ms. Angela Kyerematen-Jimoh, and Dr. Regina Ohene-Darko Adutwum, and Prof. Eric Osei-Assibey.
• Head Of Operations – Paul Mensah
• Head Of Payroll Department Chief – Samuel Annan
• Financial Stability Head – Joseph France
Kindly check here for all salary-related issues about the Bank of Ghana (BoG)
What is the salary Of Bank Of Ghana Workers?
SALARIES OF THE EMPLOYEES.
The Head of the Central Bank in Ghana, thus the Governor of the Bank of Ghana earns GH¢ 124,100.00.
The two Deputy Governors earn a little lower than their superiors. Other members of staff earn variedly. The salaries of employees working at the Bank of Ghana range from 859.00 GH¢ as the minimum to 94,833.00 GH¢ as the highest average.
There are other work-related benefits that all workers enjoy.