2023 Licensure Examination: Solve These Pedagogy Questions If You Want To Pass
Here are sample questions on the Pedagogy paper component of the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination.
The management of the National Teaching Council has announced new reforms to Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination.
According to NTC, this year’s Licensure exam will be comprised of three papers namely:
- -General Paper( Numeracy, Literacy, and Essential Skills
- Subject-Based Paper( divided into two sections e-content and pedagogy paper.
When Will NTC Open Licensure Registration Portal?
According to NTC, the licensure exam portal will be opened In June and July the exam will be written in July at NTC-approved centers.
NTC Pedagogy Questions & Answers
- Which of the following statement is not true in the case of multiple-choice questions?
A. Even an inexperienced teacher can prepare the questions easily✅
B. All choices appear to be plausible
C. Error-free and quick evaluation is possible by computer
D. Only one of the choices is the correct answer
- What type of evaluation identifies the learning deficiencies and difficulties of the learners?
- A scorguideused used to evaluate the quality of students is known as
(D) rating scales
- Pedagogy is a Greek word that means
(A) to understand the child
(B) to guide the child
(C) to educate the child
(D) to lead the child*✅
- As people grow older, the __ of learning declines.
B. speed ✅
- Which of the following should be used to increase correct responses and appropriate behavior?
Encouragement is praise for effort – for example when you can see your child is trying hard. You can praise and encourage your child at any age. Rewards reinforce the behavior you want, but it’s best not to overuse them
- At the pre-primary stage reading aloud while writing is given importance. This is based on which theory of learning?
A. Trial & Error
B. Conditioning✅ (understand this term)
- Which one of the following is not taken into consideration while preparing the blueprint for a test?
B. Instructional objectives
C. From of questions
D. Teaching time* ✅
- The field of study concerned with the construction of thought processes, including remembering, problem-solving, and decision-making is called:
D. Cognitive Development ✅
- Psychology is a —————.
A. Sciencethe of the soul
B. Science of mind
C. Science of Consciousness
D. Science of behavior ✅
- The more often a particular ability is used the __ it becomes.
B. Stronger ✅
C. Less important
D. More important
- Which is not a factor of motivation?
D. Practice ✅
- The longer a particular ability is unused the __ it becomes.
A. Weaker ✅
C. Less important
D. More important
- Which of the following is not a role the classroom teacher can play in instilling social skills in learners? Asking learners to………..
A. join football clubs.
B. participate in school worship.
C. join debate clubs in the school.
D. isolates themselves from peers. ✅✅
- During a class presentation, a tea cask asks learners to select two members to represent each group. The teacher is trying to instill ……………… in the learners.
A. cultural function
B. political function ✅✅
C. educational function
D. economic function
- A teacher experimented by pouring equal amounts of water into two different containers. One of the containers was tall and the other was broad. The teacher asked the learners to identify the container which held the most amount of water. What concept was the teacher testing in his learners?
A. Conservation ✅✅
- A graduate teacher in her new class decided to investigate her learners’ backgrounds before teaching a new lesson. Which one of the following actions would be the best for her to take to ascertain her learners’ background?
A. Interview the learners.
B. Use appropriate materials.
C. Vary her methodologies. ✅✅
D. Visit the learners’ homes.
- A teacher decides to use negative reinforcement to motivate his students. Which of the following activities are the most likely to use to achieve this?
A. Give rewards
B. Introduce punishments
C. Remove barriers
D. Withhold privileges ✅✅
- As the headteacher of Mangoase R/C Primary School, you notice that you do not have the full complement of teachers at the beginning of the academic year. You are therefore compelled to combine some of the classes for one teacher. Which professional advice will you give to the teacher handling Basic One and Two together in terms of lesson note preparation?
A. Prepare a separate note for Basic Two.
B. Prepare one note for the two classes. ✅✅
C. Use separate notes for Basic One.
D. Use two lesson notes interchangeably.
- Madam Lucy, a class teacher has modified the learning environment of her class by hanging a lot of colorful items and posting a lot of pictures and drawings on the walls. She has also organized her children’s tables and chairs in an orderly manner to allow for free movement between them. The most likely reason for this action is to
A. allow learners to play more.
B. provide a wide range of materials for children.
C. how the resourcefulness of a school.
D. stimulates and challenges children to learn. ✅✅
- A teacher identified a child in her class who had a hearing difficulty which affected the learner’s academic performance negatively. What should the teacher do in the class to remedy the situation?
A. Ask the child to sit in front of the class. ✅✅
B. Consult the parents of the child and refer the child to a specialist.
C. Let his colleagues explain concepts to him for better understanding.
D. Report the child’s condition to the headteacher.
- A teacher observed that whenever she was teaching, a learner in the class looked keenly at her lips or asked other learners close to him for an explanation. Which one of the following measures will be the least appropriate to help the learner?
A. Guide the learner to choose a suitable seating position.
B. Seat the learner in front of the class.
C. Speak loudly whenever she is teaching.
D. Support verbal explanations with teaching aids. ✅✅
- A circuit supervisor obse. serves a teacher’s lesson and states that the introduction is good. This remark means that the introduction is linked with
A. entry behavior and core points.
B. entry behavior a and a new lesson. ✅✅
C. new lesson and core points.
D. new lesson and evaluation.