Requirements For Building Permit In Ghana
In this research, you will read about a building permit, the requirements attached to it, and how to apply for a building permit in Ghana with ease.
What Is A Building Permit?
A building permit is an authorized document issued by the local government to an individual, company or corporation to commerce either a new structure or an existing one that needs expansion. It is important to note that even demolishing a structure also requires the owner to obtain a permit.
Requirements For Issuing A Building Permit In Ghana.
- Submission of building permit application form to the Statutory Planning Committee.
- Submission of a land ownership document obtained from the lands commission.
- Attachment of four (4) copies of Architecture drawings which should be signed by a certified Architect.
- Attachment of four (4) copies of Structural drawings also signed by an engineer.
- The presented details on the application form must agree with the mode of the project to be embarked on.
- A soil test report must be presented which is supposed to be certified.
- A fire-certified report must be obtained from the Ghana Fire Service which should also contain drawings from the report.
- A permit must be produced which should be obtained from the Environmental Protection Agency, that is (EPA).
- In the case where the building or the structure has commerce already or even completed, it will be required to provide a structural integrity report
How Can One Apply For A Building Permit?
The following are the procedures you need to follow to acquire a building permit from the local government;
- Submission of application to the secretariat of Statutory the the the the thePlathe nnininningmittee.
- Collating Technical Findings.
- Site Inspection.
- Technical Consideration Of The Application By The Technical Sub-Committee.
- Consideration Of Application.
- Processing of Statutory Planning Committee’s decision.
- Development Permit Issuance.
- Appealing And Resubmission Of Application.