Highest Paying Banks In Ghana And Their Salaries
As a university or college graduate seeking employment in the bank, I’m certain you aim to work with a financial institution where your services will be of good value and in return good salary for a job well done.
Then we welcome you to this article.
WHAT IS MEANT BY A PAYING BANK( HOW DO BANKS PAY)?
According to the Cambridge dictionary, a paying bank is the bank of the person or company that has written a cheque, that has to pay the amount written on it:
A paying bank is under no obligation to pay a forged cheque even though it is supported by the bank’s guarantee card. Before that cheques had to be physically transported to the paying bank before processing began.
Salary Of GCB Workers In Ghana 2022/2023, Check Now
We can equally talk about banks that give their staff a well-stuffed remuneration, monthly, in terms of salary.
WHICH BANKS PAY THE HIGHEST SALARIES IN GHANA?
Below are the top paying Banks in Ghana;
- GCB:GCB Bank Limited formally known as Ghana Commercial Bank is the largest bank in Ghana in terms of total operating assets and share of industry deposits, with 14.2% of total industry deposits.
It is also one of the highest-paying banks in Ghana. The salary paid to fresh graduates is not quite different from that paid by other banks. Fresh graduates earn between GHC 2,100 – GHC 2,800.
- Ecobank Ghana:Ecobank Ghana is a member of Ecobank, a leading independent pan-African bank, headquartered in Lomé, Togo, with affiliates in West, Central, and East Africa.
As a global brand, Ecobank has steered towards the finish line based on its corporate banking and amazing products for even the smallest business person in Ghana. Ecobank is one of the highest-paying banks in Ghana. Fresh graduates can earn between GHC 1,700 – GHC 2,800 monthly.
- Barclays Bank Ghana: Barclays has been in Ghana for the last nine years. As a full subsidiary of Barclays Ltd UK, the bank has commanded a big percentage of the banking industry in Ghana. The bank has an extensive network of over 59 branches scattered all over major towns in Ghana.
Working with Barclays Bank has a lot of financial benefits. Fresh graduates can earn between GHC 1,700 – GHC 2,600 monthly.
- United Bank for Africa: This is a bank that championed the entry of a new generation of foreign banks into the country in January 2005. It is one of the fasting growing banks in Ghana.
As an entry-level staff, you can be paid approximately GHC 1900 monthly.
- Zenith Bank: This commercial bank has been existing in Ghana since 2005. It has more than thirty branches across the country. If you manage to get an entry-level job here, you can enjoy getting over GHC 1,800 per month.
- Cal Bank: A commercial bank in the system since 1990, with branches scattered all over the country. Entry-level staff is paid between GHC 1,500 – GHC 2,300 monthly.
- ADB: Agricultural Development Bank is one of the state-owned banks in Ghana that has been able to effectively compete with private financial institutions. It is a commercial and development bank that is partially owned by the government of Ghana.
As an entry staff, you can be paid between GHC 1,500 – GHC 2,000 per month.
- NIB: National Investment Bank, a state-owned commercial bank in ghana, licensed by the Bank of Ghana to operate, new entrants (staff) earns between GHC 1,500 – GHC 2,000 per month.
- Access Bank: Having a presence in about eight countries outside Ghana, Salaries paid to the staff of Access Bank vary considerably. However, new staff earns approximately GHC1, 800 and above.
- Stanbic Bank: Being in existence for ten years, it’s one of the Banks that pay well in Ghana, a new staff may earn around 1,600GHS or more monthly.
Hope we have given you enough to cheer you up, see you next time.