Salaries Of Volta River Authority Workers
Volta River Authority (VRA) employees work under the government of Ghana and as we all know every worker has to be paid. Be it wages, dividends, or salaries VRA employers are not exempted.
The salary structure of VRA workers is designed to bring a difference between the junior staff and the seniors which can still be influenced by work experience.
Workers in the junior staff earn around GH¢5,000.00 to GH¢10,000.00 monthly while the senior staff earns around GH¢10,000.00 to GH¢15,000.00. In the same vein, the professors at VRA earn around GH¢18,500.00 a month.
What Is VRA?
The acronym stands for Volta River Authority. The Volta River Authority was established on 26th April 1961 in line with the Volta River Development Act, Act 46 of the Republic of Ghana. The main purpose of the VRA is to generate, store and supply electricity for the people of Ghana. Aside from that, it is the responsibility of the VRA to check the environmental impact of the lake on the people and towns around it.
The Volta River maintains a National Energy Supply Grid though it began with hydroelectric power, it is now channeling into other types of energy like thermal energy. The VRA represents Ghana in the West African Power Pool (WAPP).
What Are The Functions Of The Volta River Authority?
Apart from electric power generation, the VRA performs several functions on behalf of the government. Some of these functions include;
- Hydroelectric power generation and supply of electricity to the people of Ghana.
- The VRA undertakes Power Expansion Program to areas of the country where electricity isn’t available.
- They cooperate nationally with customers in the country and also have international relations with neighboring countries.
- They create cordial relations with Statutory Regulatory Bodies including the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources, the Public Utilities Regulatory Commission (PURC), the Energy Commission (EC), and the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG).
- The Volta River Authority also engages in Corporate Social Responsibilities which ensures that the operations of the company are in line with the Energy Commission and the power sector.
How Much Does A VRA Worker Earn?
Workers in the junior staff earn around GH¢5,000.00 to GH¢10,000.00 monthly while the senior staff earns around GH¢10,000.00 to GH¢15,000.00. In the same vein, the professors at VRA earn aroearnH¢18,500.00 a month.